According to statistics released on March 15th by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national resale housing activity improved in February 2012 after having declined in January.
• Home sales rose 1.4 per cent from January to February.
• Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 8.6 per cent from February 2011 levels.
• The number of newly listed homes climbed 1.9 per cent from January to February.
• The national sales-to-new listings ratio was little changed, remaining firmly in balanced territory.
• The national average home price advanced 2.0 per cent on a year-over-year basis in February.
Source: Ottawa Real Estate Board