Not ready to say goodbye to summer? We hope this list of fun fall activities makes the transition a little easier. With beautiful scenery and plenty of local events, autumn is one of the best seasons to be an Ottawan.
- See the Leaves. Canada’s fall foliage is unparalleled. Even residential streets are transformed into an array of colours. In late September or early October, make a day trip to the Gatineau Hills to truly appreciate the spectacular scenery. With a number of hiking trails and lookouts, Gatineau Park can be explored via car, bike or your own two feet. Remember to pack a picnic and your camera!
- Go Apple Picking. Autumn is the best time of year to enjoy a crisp, juicy apple. There are several apple picking locations close to Ottawa, including Mountain Orchard and Log Cabin Orchard. Choose a sunny day to stroll through the orchards and pick your own Macintosh or Lobo. In addition to delicious apples, many orchards also have hay rides, corn mazes and homemade delicacies.
- Grab tickets to the Ottawa Wine and Food Festival. November marks the 31st anniversary of Eastern Canada’s longest running Wine and Food Festival. Attendees get to enjoy over 1400 samples of wine and food from all across the globe. Bring a friend and your appetite!
- Get in the Halloween Spirit. Saunders Farm is the best way to embrace Halloween in Ottawa. From a haunted hay ride to a pumpkin patch, the farm has spooky activities for all ages. They also have a delicious assortment of locally grown food and produce!
- Visit a Museum. With the new season comes new exhibits at some of Ottawa’s world class museums. The Canadian Museum of Nature has a reptile exhibit kicking off at the beginning of October, featuring a variety of live reptiles from all over the world. And the National Gallery of Canada has three new exhibitions beginning this fall, ranging from acrylic paintings to famous newspaper photographs.
We hope you are excited to embrace autumn in Ottawa. Fall is also a popular time for house-hunting in the Capital. With summer holidays over and the cold weather looming, now is a great time to explore the market. If you are ready to start looking, do not hesitate to take a look at our current listings in Ottawa.